Page 3 of 3

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:25 am
by valis
https://www.reddit.com/r/esp32/comments/dwitbl/ableton_link_on_esp32/]Ableton Link on ESP32 (via Reddit)

https://github.com/Ableton/link/pull/68

https://github.com/CircuitHappy/link_esp32_example

Discusson, code an example on how to use an ESP32 chip (which has wifi/bt integrated) to communicate with an Ableton Link network.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 pm
by valis

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:23 pm
by at0m
Have I mentioned how much I love the new DT 700 Pro X headphones?

Their predecessor, the famous 770's, made me instantly want to reach for EQ and tone down those highs. The lows I wasn't happy with either. I know this is probably a matter of taste, but I don't want my monitoring to show me how bad something may sound. Overall, I just don't get them. Well, I had them, and luckily was in time to send them back from whence they came.

Couple weeks ago, a friend producer came over with his case of pro headsets, maybe 5 or 8 were in that box, and we set out to compare them all. We played some reference tracks. Some with just rumbling lows and soaring highs, others where the bassplayer would play scales up and down so it brought out bass bumps and notches in headphones, and so on. So big a smile on both our faces as we swapped around headsets and could listen to the new 700's. We both agreed they were just perfect.

On these 700's, perfect productions sound just perfect to me. I hear all I need and want to hear - the lows, the mids, the highs, the dynamic range. I love 'em, and if you're looking to spend some on monitoring headphones, I would like to suggest you check them out when you got a chance, and I'm sure they'll put a smile on your face, too :)

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:42 pm
by valis
I have DT 880 Pro's, the old ones. I think mine are 80ohm as a point of compromise between the lowest (least controlled) and the 250ohm, which would have required an amp I didn't own at the time. They unfortunately changed it so I think yours are a better choice now (the 880's are no longer avail in pro just regular...? memory eludes me at present)

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:49 am
by valis

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:16 pm
by valis
https://github.com/timothyschoen/PlugDa ... s/tag/v0.5

PureData as plugin. Assaf posted this on FB, and it's too good to not share here too.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 4:20 am
by valis

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:26 am
by valis
Haven't tried yet, but a new GPU based processing attempt: https://earlyaccess.gpu.audio/

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:00 pm
by valis
Free on desktop, cheap on mobile, perhaps useful as an option for you: Sitala is a free drum plugin and standalone app

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 am
by Peter Drake
Analog computers.
https://the-analog-thing.org/
https://analogparadigm.com/products.html

The latest newsletter:
https://the-analog-thing.org/newsletter/8/

I'm very excited to integrate (pun intended) this with eurorack and Scope.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:37 pm
by valis
Very cool Peter, thank you for sharing.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:48 am
by spacef
I was reading about a guy who got rid of crackles and pop when making music, on his 12600 cpu, using ParkControl.

>>> https://bitsum.com/parkcontrol/

Looks complicated but I installed it with the default settings and so far all is perfect (it happened occasionally previously, but looks like it won't happen anymore). free version has all you need (and cpu usage visualisation...)

Might be useful on some setups.
sorry if it has been posted before.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Mon May 13, 2024 12:35 pm
by valis
Interesting, thank you.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2026 8:57 am
by spacef
Warning !! ... Summer is Coming !!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This kind of fan (usually sold for playstations etc) is simply placed horizontally on the rack underneath my Xite-1 at low speed. The Xite stays cool. It’s better than the large fan I was using until now, in terms of noise and energy efficiency (and dust!).
26°C today in Paris France... in April... lol... the summer 's gonna be hot (my room can reach 50°C during heat waves)...
ventilate Xite01.jpg
ventilate Xite02.jpg

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2026 11:57 am
by nebelfuerst
So your Xite is safe at 50°, but how are you surviving in these tropic conditions ?
Areyou sitting on a big fan, just like your Xite :)

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2026 12:13 pm
by spacef
almost yes...
I have a normal fan, for humans I mean, a big and powerful fan, and it was ventilating the xite and me at the same time.... problem, Paris is very dusty, so dust used to go into the xite through the small openings of the rack and of the unit (I finally taped the rack so the air could just brush against the front face of the Xite while minimizing dust being blown inside the unit.)

Not quite 50°C yet, I admit, but last summer I measured 46°C. At that point, switching the computer off is the only sensible thing to do.
My room faces the sun from 12 to 5 pm, and even though the walls are thick stone, it still heats up and doesn’t help keep the interior cool. The room is small, so it warms up quickly… Great in winter, though, no need for heating when all the electronic gear is on.

i will write a book about it, I still have a lot to say on the subject , and people obviously need to know :D :D :D
"Me and my Fans" by SpaceF.....

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2026 12:26 pm
by valis
Useful. Thanks! Maybe this deserves a thread in the Xite or Tech Talk area?

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2026 12:32 pm
by spacef
I let you decide if appropriate :-)
you can quote or copy paste if you want.
There are many other references of the same product (some with 2 fans, and/or under other brand name etc).
the power plug is probably different in different countries.

Re: External (non-Scope) tools of our trade

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2026 8:59 pm
by dante
Don’t have a vocalist ?

This is the best :

https://store.dreamtonics.com/product/s ... c9qS_TUuZo