After many years I managed to buy a new pc, and after much researching I found this fully working setup for PULSAR II.
ASUS PRO H610M-C D4 . Supports socket 1700, supports 12th, 13th, 14th generation, has a PCI slot that works flawlessly with pulsar II cards.
32gb DDR4, I5 12400, NO PROBLEM WITH NVIDIA RTX3060, IRQ is automatic and not shared with other devices, of course you must switch off all unnecessary ports (com1 com2 parallel hq audio) and some other optimizations.
space is not much on the board, since it is MICRO ATX which is a bummer, but it has been stress tested, and works perfectly. its PCI/PCIe controller goes well with the board
A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
-
Chthonian
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:00 pm
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Thanks for offering your experiences. Moving this thread to "Tech Talk" but out of deference to other users and the trickle of information these days I'll leave the shadow topic in "General Scope Discussion" too.
- yayajohn
- Posts: 1774
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
- Location: Everywhere....Nowhere
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Good info! Please do a masterverb test and post the results
Thanks!
Thanks!
-
Music Manic
- Posts: 1751
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:00 pm
- Contact:
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
That’s useful info thanks. Only one PCI slot but keeps card alive. Is it faster than the MSI H170 Gaming M3 Motherboard which has 3 PCIs?
-
pdistefano
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:15 pm
- Location: Geelong, Australia
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
@Chthonian this is encouraging.....interested to know whether you tested as purely standalone or utilising ASIO / with a DAW.....
-
Music Manic
- Posts: 1751
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:00 pm
- Contact:
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
That’s ideal that it can support such powerful CPUs. Ok only one PCI connector but I can dedicate that to use for my digital connections. Ok I want have many DSPs as compared to the 3 card setup but the speed will help with the speed required by todays DAWsChthonian wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2026 11:58 am After many years I managed to buy a new pc, and after much researching I found this fully working setup for PULSAR II.
ASUS PRO H610M-C D4 . Supports socket 1700, supports 12th, 13th, 14th generation, has a PCI slot that works flawlessly with pulsar II cards.
32gb DDR4, I5 12400, NO PROBLEM WITH NVIDIA RTX3060, IRQ is automatic and not shared with other devices, of course you must switch off all unnecessary ports (com1 com2 parallel hq audio) and some other optimizations.
space is not much on the board, since it is MICRO ATX which is a bummer, but it has been stress tested, and works perfectly. its PCI/PCIe controller goes well with the board
-
Chthonian
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:00 pm
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
I can confirm the system is working rock solid in my studio. zero problems so far.
-
Music Manic
- Posts: 1751
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:00 pm
- Contact:
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
Are you using the Intel Core i5-14500Chthonian wrote: Tue May 19, 2026 12:29 pm I can confirm the system is working rock solid in my studio. zero problems so far.
-
Chthonian
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:00 pm
Re: A modern motherboard that fully supports PULSAR II
I am using an i5 12400Music Manic wrote: Sat May 23, 2026 2:12 pmAre you using the Intel Core i5-14500Chthonian wrote: Tue May 19, 2026 12:29 pm I can confirm the system is working rock solid in my studio. zero problems so far.