Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

https://scopeusers.com/using-scope/repair-service.html

Old capacitors dry up and fail after years, if any of you are getting DSP errors and need your PCI Sonic Core Cards re-worked email me > [email protected] and I will do my very best to take good care of you.





Best Wishes!
David Noller
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Bud Weiser
Posts: 3020
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
Location: nowhere land

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by Bud Weiser »

Cool ! 8)

Where are you located ?

Currently, I don´t suffer from defective cards,- but who knows ... s##t might happen in future.

:)

Bud
User avatar
dante
Posts: 5089
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dante »

Here's to a better solution than the JHulk unidirectional service.
User avatar
valis
Posts: 8033
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: West Coast USA
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by valis »

dynamixii, I have added this post as a sticky and sent you a pm.
bosone
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by bosone »

I hope i will never need this, but thanks anyway in advance! :)
User avatar
Bud Weiser
Posts: 3020
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
Location: nowhere land

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:14 pm Here's to a better solution than the JHulk unidirectional service.
Is JHulk still active at all ?

:-?

Bud
Joey
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 am

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by Joey »

I might need those services soon. Where are you located, (Bud asked it too)?
User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

I'm in Florida, the board is lightweight, and I work fast so fast turnaround time.. My email is listed above, save my contact and hit me back when you need me :D







Bud Weiser wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:09 pm Cool ! 8)

Where are you located ?

Currently, I don´t suffer from defective cards,- but who knows ... s##t might happen in future.

:)

Bud
User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

Thanks!

valis wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm dynamixii, I have added this post as a sticky and sent you a pm.
User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

You will, like a battery all capacitors have a life span, and after years they dry up.. Its a Miracle that Sonic Core's boards stood the test of time. It is one hell of a system, and the years they have been in biz is a testament to that!


bosone wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:52 pm I hope i will never need this, but thanks anyway in advance! :)
Last edited by dynamixii on Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dante
Posts: 5089
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am Is JHulk still active at all ?

:-?

Bud
I hope not.
User avatar
Bud Weiser
Posts: 3020
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
Location: nowhere land

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:53 am
Bud Weiser wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 am Is JHulk still active at all ?

:-?

Bud
I hope not.
What happened ?

:-?
User avatar
yayajohn
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Everywhere....Nowhere

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by yayajohn »

Yeah I’m curious too. I sent him a PCB board from my old Yamaha keyboard and he did great work on it
User avatar
valis
Posts: 8033
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: West Coast USA
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by valis »

Perhaps explore that in a different thread so we don't hijack this one?
User avatar
dante
Posts: 5089
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dante »

@Valis - noted - I've sent PM's
dynamixii wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:13 pm Old capacitors dry up and fail after years, if any of you are getting DSP errors and need your PCI Sonic Core Cards re-worked email me
Great Service. So it could be any fault you can diagnose and fix (not just caps - maybe re-soldering as well ?) - depending on parts availability ?
User avatar
Bud Weiser
Posts: 3020
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
Location: nowhere land

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:53 am @Valis - noted - I've sent PM's
thank you,- I got it.

back to topic ...

:)

Bud
User avatar
yayajohn
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Everywhere....Nowhere

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by yayajohn »

David; thanks for posting here. Your contact info has been saved.
User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

Thanks you!


yayajohn wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm David; thanks for posting here. Your contact info has been saved.
User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

Yes that is correct depending on parts and availability. I have hundreds of caps :)

dante wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:53 am @Valis - noted - I've sent PM's
dynamixii wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:13 pm Old capacitors dry up and fail after years, if any of you are getting DSP errors and need your PCI Sonic Core Cards re-worked email me
Great Service. So it could be any fault you can diagnose and fix (not just caps - maybe re-soldering as well ?) - depending on parts availability ?
User avatar
dynamixii
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Sonic Core PCI Card Capacitor Replacement Service

Post by dynamixii »

Thanks!
valis wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm dynamixii, I have added this post as a sticky and sent you a pm.
Post Reply